My adventure with beets started in Texas. That’s where I began exploring greens, beets and goat cheese together. This dish boasts a lot of powerful flavors, and health benefits, while at the same time providing these subtle hints of earth from the beets, sweetness from the yams and a great nutty flavor from the walnuts that contrast well with the onions and whole grain Dijon.
Great for a picnic of fresh whole grain bread, hummus and a glass of Riesling.
- Sherry vinegar – about 1 tbsp
- Red wine vinegar – about 2 tbsp
- Extra virgin olive oil – about 3 tbsp.
- Whole grain Dijon mustard – about 2 tbsp.
- Walnuts, about a half cup chopped
- Cilantro one handful roughly chopped
- Sweet potato roasted, sliced & quartered
- Beets roasted, sliced & quartered
- Radicchio roughly chopped
- Red & white onion sliced and roughly chopped
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Chill for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Serve or portion out and freeze for lunches.