After two weeks worth of brown rice, broccoli and curried chicken I’m making a sandwich for lunch. While there’s a time and a place for white bread and mayo, I’m taking a healthier turn today using pita, Dijon and avocado in conjunction with roasted chicken breasts and some spare veggies.
Next up … oatmeal raisin protein cupcakes and a run before dinner.
- Pita bread
- Roasted chicken breast
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive oil
- Tomato – chopped
- Spinach – shredded
- Dijon mustard
- Pickles – chopped
- In a bowl, toss chicken breasts with olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Mix avocado & mustard together in a bowl.
- Bring oven to 350 degrees F and cook on middle rack for 25 minutes turning once (test with cooking thermometer).
- Slather mustard & avocado mixture inside a pita cut into two halves.
- Add broccoli, chicken, avocado, tomato, pickle and spinach.
- Add a little grated cheese if desired.