We had one last impromptu dinner party at our loft for some buddies from Portland. A great conversation surrounding the arts, family, life and a bigger picture unfolded as we spent 4 wonderful hours together over a mostly re purposed menu from the Holiday week.
One of the things I am trying to do is to reduce food waste in our home by both freezing and re inventing a dish from good leftovers. This one is a good example… and really delicious too.
- Left over scalloped potatoes
- Butter ramekins.
- Arrange potatoes with any leftover cream mix in ramekins.
- Cover with fontina and repenaer mix.
- Top with grated Parmesan.
- Cover with panko.
- Bake off in oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until tops are golden brown.