I had a plate of cornbread left over from chili night last week. I’ve been cranking out these small omelette’s all during staycation and decided to try putting something together with the cornbread for change of pace at breakfast. I found this post on Cornbread and Eggs and decided to give it a whirl with the ingredients I had on hand.
- 3 pats of butter
- 1 slice of pre made cornbread
- 5 eggs
- 1 splash of cream
- 1 scallion diced with some of the green top
- Hot sauce
- Place a skillet over Medium heat on your stove top.
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Crumble a pie slice section of cornbread into the skillet.
- Stir the cornbread into the butter and let it heat up.
- Break eggs into a small mixing bowl and add cream, whisk well.
- Pour the whisked eggs into the skillet, spreading it over the crumbled cornbread.
- Cornbread will absorb most of the eggs.
- Add in scallions.
- Stir the mixture and continue to cook for about two minutes, or until the eggs are done.
- Best served while in long johns with Frank Sinatra playing in the background.