Quiche in spring form pans are on the menu tomorrow so I’m making pie crusts today. These are kind of cool in that the recipe calls for egg whisked with ice water. Last time I picked up a crust twist it called for vodka… but that’s for a more sweet pastry than savory.
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 stick cold butter chopped into pieces
- 1 large egg plus one large yolk
- 3 tbsp. ice water
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Combine butter and dry ingredients in food processor and pulse gently until coarsely mixed.
- Whisk ice water and egg mixture and pulse into the food processor mixture until moist & combined – stop when it starts to clump but don’t over mix.
- Throw the mix into Ziploc bag and form into a disk then chill for at least 30 minutes or overnight.